-=S=A=S=-

Default Buying a Used boat

I looked on Boattrader.com and found some links to a couple of services.
One I called, Davis & Associates or something like that, they want $304.00
based on the length of the boat and 55Cents/mile to travel to the boat
location.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good surveyor, what is a reasonable price
to pay for that service.

"-=S=A=S=-" wrote in message
m...
This weekend we will be test driving a 2000 SeaRay 190. This will be our
first boat and was hoping I could get some of you more experienced boaters
to let me know what things I should look for.

I have been reading post after post and some of the things I have already
written down to check a

1. "in gear" idle speed, does it match what is printed on the engine

label.
2. does the "no wake" speed actually result in no wake.
3. when the transmission engages a gear, what position or angle is the
throttle in? (this one is especially important to me, because the last

time
we rented a boat, we rented and 18 foot SeaRay and the transmission would
engage into forward, but stayed in reverse even with the throttle push
forward, it was an ugly scene at the marina, I ll have to explain later)

Thanks in advance for the info.
Scott