posted to rec.boats.electronics
Andina Marie

Default echo charge

Sorry for the slow response, Glen, just got back from Australia.

The statement that you can't charge different size batteries in
parallel is a very common but totally wrong concept. With over 26,000
of our combiners in the field doing just that, we would have had more
problems by now, with an unlimited warranty, if there was a problem.

See the article at http://www.yandina.com/combInfo.htm#Q32

A combiner costs less and charges faster than the echo charge.

Andina Marie

Glen "Wiley" Wilson wrote:
On 27 Feb 2006 09:58:30 -0800, "Andina Marie"
wrote:

Why spend that amount of money on a 14 amp Echo combiner when Defender
has 75 amp combiners for under $55?
And the 75 amp one is bi-directional so it will also charge the
starting battery when the shore power is charging the house battery.
And the 75 amp one comes with an UNLIMITED warranty from the
manufacturer.

Andina Mari

Perhaps the OP wants a different charge regime for starting batteries
vs house bank. I know I do - I use a single grp 27 for starting.
Don't really want that charging in parallel with my house bank.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/