posted to rec.boats.building
Wayne.B

Default Atomic 4 cooling question ???

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 02:27:10 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

Wayne, why is it that you always attack the questioner when the question is
asked in good faith? Rather than just say "$500 dollars isn't that much for
a heat exchanger" , you go off on one of your "you don't need no stinking
boat" rants!

I don't think I said that. I do believe that you have unrealistic
expectations however.

Don't forget, there are many mid size, and larger cruising sailboats that
don't even have an engine. Never mind a heat exhanger.

Frankly I don't think you'll get too far in a 30 something boat
without an engine. Lin and Larry Pardey used to row their 24
supposedly, but in well over 30 years of cruising I've never seen
anyone do it.

I would prefer to not spend $500 if I don't need to. I just thought maybe
someone here who is very handy, or has had experience with engines, and
cooling of engines might have an answer.

Understood. The heat exchanger is not required, just a nice option to
have.

The fact is: many on the people who spend their lives cruising throughout
the world never spend $500 on about anything. They live and sail very
simply.

Perhaps, but that has not been my experience however. When I'm
cruising the money seems to flow like water beneath the keel. That's
not a complaint, just a fact.