posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bjarke Christensen

Default Raymarine Raytech RNS 6.0

So if you plug in the RJ's in a ordinary ethernet hub/switch it will not
work ??

/Bjarke

"Larry" wrote in message
"Bjarke Christensen" (nej, det skal selvfølgelig
være med K da jeg er dansker) wrote in news:4415cbe0$0$60781$157c6196
@dreader1.cybercity.dk:

Is Garmins new "network" also plain ethernet ?

Given marine electronics manufacturers' history of proprietary crapware
designed specifically to thwart hooking "their" equipment up to "our"
equipment, I doubt any of it is going to be "plain ethernet" just any ol'
router TCP/IP network is going to be compatible with.

Hell, even some of the NMEA 0183 crapware can't talk to each other. (See
recent thread trying to get a Garmin GPS to talk to a NMEA plotter.)

You'll need a special box, of course, like always. 183 Euros plus layers
of tax and shipping....