Roger Long

Default AC power idea for target practice

"Larry" wrote

Sorry about the girl....The battery was inconsequential in
comparison...
(c;

Well, it was a long, long, time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

You brought up a good point though. A similar failure would spray
acid soaked fiberglass mat all over my engine room. Since I don't
have an engineer standing watch to keep an eye on voltages, what would
you suggest for a simple alarm to let me know that things were
starting to go to hell in a handbasket in the voltage department?
Would you try to trip on overvoltage or just measure battery case
temperature directly?

Oh yeah, the other girl I sailed with in that boat:

We went swimming in Edgartown harbor straight out of the bunk if you
know what I mean. I got the sail up on the cat boat and we sailed out
just as we came off the assembly line. It was race week and the fleet
caught up with us and passed us motoring out to the starting line. A
yawl from the Naval Academy passed close along side. Suddenly,
someone barked an order and the entire crew lined the rail, snapped to
attention, and saluted.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so worthwhile as simply
messing around in boats.

--

Roger Long