John Chaplain

Default question on maercruiser engine mount

Aside from my dyslexic spelling in the last post I forgot to mention;

this is a 5.0l Mercruiser w/Alpha-one outdrive.

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:11:22 -0500, John Chaplain John
wrote:

I aligned my engine today for the first time.
It seemed pretty straight forward. I just raised the engine several
turns of the motor mount jacking nuts until the alignment tool slid in
easily.

I noticed however that the rear motor mount screws appeared to be not
screwed down all the way, but they look like shoulder bolts and
perhaps they are supposed to look like the linked picture?

http://home.comcast.net/~johnchaplai..._eng_mount.jpg

Both sides look the same, as if the bolts are not fastened down all
the way. Is this the way ot should look or is something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

John C.