posted to rec.boats.electronics
TomS

Default Raymarine Raytech RNS 6.0

From what I've heard RNS 6.0 will be available march-april 06.
If connected to a E-series display throug a ethernet connection
all data, both numerical data and radar-, plotter- and fishfinder images
will be transfered to the PC throug one only wire. Like any
E-Series diplay on the SeaTalk HS network (=ethernet).
Navionics charts on CF plugged into a E-Series display will be available
to the PC and you'll also have full control of the system (radar etc.)
A external CF reader will aso be availabel so that you can take your laptop
home and do route planning at home, using the same charts.
According to my information the charts can not be passed from the PC
to the E-Series diplays, but RNS 6.0 will probably also support other types
of charts BSB etc like the older versions RNS 5.0.

TomS

"b393capt" wrote in message
oups.com...
I noticed in the Raymarine announcement for version 6.0, that you can
now plug your PC directly into the 8-port hub (why not the 2 port hub
or direct to the E series ??), and do away with hsb2 and/or NMEA
connections.

This is going to simply things on my new boat.