Gogarty

Default Jib sheet questions and hand wringing

In article rs.com,
says...

The jist was that there are some new high tech ropes that have different
characteristics than we are accoustomed to and you may need to be
careful. I think that this was some sort of braid over a parallel core
but would not swear to it.

Have some of that stuff on my new main halyard. Maybe some people can splice
it. I can't. So it is affixed to the head shackle with a knot, but not a
bowline. I forget the name but it is specifically recommended for halyards
because it will not come loose and will not jam in the sheaves. It's also
whipped to make sure it won't come loose.