Gogarty

Default Jib sheet questions and hand wringing

In article ,
says...

Not crazy about permanently attached sheets, since we carry 4 jibs and
nearly always need at least 2 in the course of a day. And those shackles
look like a bit more metal than I'd like to see flailing about in the
breeze.

Used to use bowlines, but have used snap shackles for years. Read someplace
that you don't know what being hit on the head is like until you get hit
with a flailing bowline. So the shackles are spliced on and the sheets are
easily changed to a new sail. They will hang on a shroud but so will
bowlines.