Da Kine

Default Avon Redcrest

I remember that name but it seems like an old name. Old Avons are good
and the new ones are thin and crappy like all the rest out there - to
start with - next the row part. No inflatable rows well and I think bad
to worse that the bigger the harder to row and keels don't have much to
do with it. I have a hard bottom now and it still stinks (10'2"). I'm
lazy enough to be sure that I have a 8 hp that I use mostly and for the
few crap outs I have an old 3.0 something or other. (one of those air
cooled, sure to die on me someday kicker) If you go inflatable, be sure
to add some $$ for at least a small kicker unless you're in bays all
the time and close to shore.