derbyrm

Default Measure VHF Antenna (Cable) ?

I'd certainly check to see if the center conductor is shorted to the shield.
(Near zero ohms with the cable disconnected from the transceiver.) That was
a common failure mode on the old Nike missile system. Where the cable makes
a sharp turn the center conductor would push thru (slowly) the insulation.
Wiggling the cable to detect an intermittent short is also something I would
try.

Of course, if it is shorted and you tried to transmit, you may have fried
the transmitter.

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"Chris" wrote in message
ups.com...

Anything I can do with the multimeter I have here?