Matt Colie

Default Measure VHF Antenna (Cable) ?

Chris,
In a Word - NO
The antenna on the mast may well exhibit a very low DC resistance.
The spare antenna suggestion was the best. If you do not have one.
plug any piece of wire into the center of the antenna connection and set
up to the local weather tx.

If you get something, you have an antenna problem. Most of the time,
this is cable damage (like getting the coax under the mast when it was
stepped).

If you still can not get any weather channel, undo the screws on the
bracket (save them) and frizby the whole thing (repair is seldom
ecomomicly viable).

At the price of a bench hour, it is seldom that a tech can complete a
diagnosis for less that half the cost of replacement.

Matt Colie

Chris wrote:
Anything I can do with the multimeter I have here?