Thomas Wentworth

Default AC power idea for target practice

Hey Wayne,, that is what I was thinking but since I am too dumb to figure
this stuff out; I left it up to you.

Once, long ago, in another time, before ... anyway,, I had a boat with the
switch. The 3 way switch that you could set for battery 1, 2, or both.
Nobody told me and I was young and dumb so I decided to show off for my crew
by switching the knob.

"Look, now I am recharging both and now I am charging one"

Next day,, no alternator.

Live and learn..

JW

--
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:56:14 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

However, why not disconnect the alternator from the battery circuit
and run it to an inverter large enough to run the dual 10 amp battery
charger?

The alternator needs to always have a load on the output to keep the
voltage from going too high and burning out the diodes (integral to
the alternator). Normally the battery provides this constant load.
The risk is that your inverter might have a mode where it turns off in
some way, leaving the alternator unloaded, and leaving you looking for
a replacement. I'd leave the battery in the circuit, why take a
chance?