posted to rec.boats.building
Glenn Ashmore

Default Keel cooler cast into lead

I have probably spent to much time working with PID and fuzzy logic
controllers. :-) There is so many sophisticated off the shelf industrial
process controllers these days I can see the day when we will see a marine
refrigeration controller that will do a lot more than we can think of.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
Glenn, You want a climate control for a jet aircraft that has
anticipators to make a correction in advance of the actual temperature
change. Heat transfer in a box is slow because static air is the
conductor from the heat source to the evaporator, where heat it is
drawn away by a small compressor. Frigoboat's SSC will give you
every thing you need but you my need to switch to manual and advance
speed before adding a large volume of warm product. I have included a
number of gadgets in my 12 volt book that can shorten the reaction time
by, increasing airflow across evaporator, starting compressor or
speeding it up when a charging voltage above 13.2 is present. You
don't need a holding plate in a refrigerator to store surplus energy,
product in the box and the box itself can store one Btu per degree per
pound, of material. In a freezer when the product is already frozen
additional energy stored is only ½ a Btu per degree per pound or 144
Btu per pound added when when the phase change from a liquid to a solid
occures.