Dan Krueger

Default Yo yo yo - RCE...

RCE wrote:

You bought that Tom-Tom GPS system right?

What's your personal opinion?

I like it. Easy to use and very intuitive once you learn the basics.
I use the cheapie - TomTom 300 (I think) with the SD memory card.

I just bought Mrs.E. the TomTom 700 with the mini hard disk drive. She
loves it.

It's a great little GPS - probably similar to the similarly priced Garmin,
but the TomTom has a bit of a sense of humor to it. You can program things
like fuel stations within a programmable distance and assign it a sound. I
use a cow, going MOOOOOO.....

I used it to travel to Norfolk last week. It walked me right up to the
front door of my kid's house on a government housing development.

Has a few quirks, but nothing that common sense does not correct.

RCE

How do they handle updates? Free or by subscription?

Dan