Jeff

Default What is the ultimate navigation tool? Was - RDF (radio directionfinding) ... do you ?

Larry wrote:
There's 3 handheld GPSs, not counting what any guests bring, and two
mounted 12V GPSs on Lionheart. There's 4 chart plotters if you count the
Yeoman marking the paper chart from them. I can flip some little toggle
switches in the NMEA network and force GPS data to power the network if any
component, like the multiplexer, should fail. I'd say we have a fair
number of backup systems in case anything short of EMP from a nuclear
strike happens, in which case navigation won't be much of an issue....

Sure wish he'd get the AIS transponder, soon.....(c;

Sounds to me like you have a boatload of people who have forgotten how
to use a compass, if they ever knew.