Jeff

Default What is the ultimate navigation tool? Was - RDF (radio directionfinding) ... do you ?

Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:27:04 GMT, Gary wrote:

You certainly won't "spiral in" on a
12 mile track.

Hopefully we all agree on that.

What kind of boats do you guys have??? You sound like a powerboater
claiming you don't have to think about currents because you're doing
30 knots all the time.

Where I sail there are frequently currents of 2 knots or more, plenty
to cause "spiral" for a slower sailboat.

There were a couple of times I was glad to have my old Ray Jeff RDF on
board but I am no more eager to dust it off and use it again, than I
am to do long division by hand.

I'm guessing I'm one of the few here that actually remembers how to
take square roots long hand.