DSK

Default How Long ???

Nope. Just somebody who thinks buying or selling a boat should be a matter
of spelling out what each party expects in advance

Wayne.B wrote:
The problem is that it is just about impossible to anticipate every
single issue that may pop up in the survey, or the reaction of the
seller. That's why I consider it vitally important to have an escape
clause, and it doesn't really matter if we are talking boats, houses,
cars or something else.

The issue here is that the buyer does not expect to be
forced to complete the sale of a boat with a serious
problem, hitherto unkown, turned on the survey; it is in the
seller's interest (and the brokers) to at least have some
legal phrases in the contract to browbeat him with.

That's why I agree with Wayne and also wrote my own sales
contract.

Most "standard contracts" have words to the effect of
"approval subject to survey" which is not very specific, it
certainly does not specifically spell out that the buyer can
reject the boat AND get his deposit back, in the event of
discovered problems that he doesn't like & the seller will
not dicker over.

You also hear people talk about a boat 'passing' the survey,
there is not a grade issued so a boat can neither pass nor
fail. It should also be noted the dollar value assigned has
more meaning to the insurance company than to the buyer.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King