Ryk

Default Hand wringing story

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:32:12 GMT, in message

"Roger Long" wrote:

I got a boat three years newer and in much better structural, systems,
and cosmetic condition for $500 less.

There are way too many used fiberglass boats out there to get very
worked up about a deal that doesn't feel right. Those boat shoes work
just as well on land as out on the water.

I heartily agree, and had similar experience last time I was in the
market. While the first vendor was jerking me around, I found a better
deal on a similar boat. I'm sure I would have been happy with either
one.

In fact, I had the same experience in the house market. It's seldom
worth dealing with difficult vendors unless what they have is in short
supply. Of course, a reasonable buyer is also essential to a smooth
and comfortable transaction ;-)

Ryk