Wayne.B

Default How Long ???

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:04:45 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

Wayne,, I think Dave is even worse than a boat broker ... a LAWYER!

Like we don't have enough LAWYERS?

Careful now, my oldest son is about to become one. I'll try not to
hold it against him. :-)

I made the comment about Dave because he seemed to be spouting the
party line from the seller side, and some people actually believe that
sort of thing. Truth is, everything is negotiable and no one should
ever give a deposit or sign a purchase agreement without putting the
maximum amount of buyer protection into it.

We had the same issue when buying a house here in Florida three years
ago. The FL realtors all have a standard purchase agreement form that
they want you to sign. When I read it, there was little or no
protection for the buyer if the inspection report turned up a serious
problem. I insisted on the same sort of verbiage that is in my boat
purchase agreements, where I reserved the right to reject the house
for 7 days after the inspection. They eventually agreed to my wording
and it saved me the cost of a new roof.