posted to rec.boats.building
Wayne.B

Default Keel cooler cast into lead

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:23:26 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:
The loops are a continuous downward slope so the oil will pool right at the
return end. Probably could have made it a bit more efficient with a larger
OD tube to slow the refrigerant down, get more surface area and less
pressure drop but I read so much about oil getting trapped in the condenser
and starving the compressors that I got scared.

Glenn, did you give any thought to circulating water through the keel,
and then using that to cool the condenser? That would allow you to
use a combination air and water cooled condensing unit, and if
anything went wrong with the keel loop (and I'm concerned that it
will), at least you have the air cooling as a backup.