posted to rec.boats.building
DSK

Default Keel cooler cast into lead

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
No. I cast the bulb years ago. Everything is ready to cast the fin except
my intestinal fortitude. :-) The fin is a lot more complicated and I have
this recurring nightmare that I am going to get something slightly out of
alignment and then have to sail through life slightly catawampus. But then
I have been accused of that by the neighbors already. :-)

Don't worry about it. You will do a far better job than most
boatbuilder. Walk thru any boat yard and with bare ey,
you'll be able to see the keels on many boats are off kilter.

Even the great J-24 has to have it's keel faired to be
symmetrical and remounted to be vertical, centered, and
aligned, for the boat to not sail catty-wompus.

Most people don't ever notice ....unless there's another
boat of the same class sailing alongside, outpointing them.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King