posted to rec.boats.building

Default MiniCup

I am having trouble updating the web site but it is at:
http://home.mindspring.com/~ohara5.0/

I have not been able to post the pics of the sewn polytarp sails or of
the dolly yet. My discussion of the sewn sails is mixed within the
discussion of all polytarp sails as my editor does not seem to work.

My first MiniCup, the green one in th pics, I took out all the packing
peanuts in the bow so I could fix some rot. I left them out because
the inspection ports allow me to look inside for water. I put in
inspection ports in the second boat but instead of packing peanuts I
had filled this one with large styrofoam blocks so I cannot see if it
has taken on water but it sure feels heavier. Somehow I have to cut
out that styrofoam through that little inspection port.
I am also considering putting inspection ports in the stern
compartments and taking out the packing peanuts there too.
I'll get some pics of the dolly.