Wayne.B

Default How Long ???

On 9 Mar 2006 11:51:01 -0600, Dave wrote:

One way it's
sometimes dealt with is to provide something like if the estimated cost of
repairs is less that, say $1,000, the seller may at his option either make
the repair at his own cost and require the buyer to complete the contract,
or cancel the contract.

I always write my purchase contract to have an acceptance period after
the survey is complete, typically 7 to 10 days. During that time you
can accept the boat as is, attempt to renegotiate the price, or reject
with full refund. That is a much more flexible arrangement than
trying to spell out exact terms and conditions. If the seller refuses
to renegotiate and/or fix to my satisfaction, I fire off the rejection
letter. That has always gotten things moving again.