posted to rec.boats.building

Default MiniCup

Took one of the MiniCups out on Lake Hall yesterday (Tallahassee, FL)
and had a nice sail. Sewn polytarp sail works very well. I have to
use my dolly to carry her about 350' down a hill ot the water and the
new dolly works very well. My dolly is based on two of the largest
lawnmower wheels I could get from Lowes (These are the hard rubber
non-inflatable type). I used a 1/2" hollow steel rod from lowes as an
axle and two 1/8" thick Al tubes 2" diameter I had mistakenly bought
for spars as the body with 2x4s across them held onto the tubes with U
bolts. This works VERY well. I can carry both MiniCups and the dolly
on the trailer. I'll try to post some pics of the Dolly on my web site.