posted to rec.boats.electronics
John Proctor

Default Nmea /dsc

On 2006-03-09 14:19:38 +1100, Larry said:

"Gordon Wedman" wrote in
Not the case with my Standard Horizon. I have done nothing with MMSI
and I was able to get position data from my JRC GPS onto the SH with
no trouble.

He's not running a Standard Horizon. He's running a new Icom.

Larry,

While we don't have the 422 down here in Aus we do have other ICOM DSC
radios such as the 302 et al. They do not need an MMSI to be able to
digest the NMEA sentances from other gear (e.g Raymarine, Furuno etc).
My bet is the Garmin is at fault or the wiring to the radio. ICOM tends
to be pretty bullet proof!

--
Regards,
John D Proctor