Glenn A. Heslop

Default Charging batteries simultaneously with both solar and wind

So...maybe y'all can answer this question. I have been charging my
batteries with my Honda 2000i, using a shorepower cable and an adaptor
plugged into the 120V output of the Honda. The batteries are then charged
by the 120V--12V multi-stage charger. I've noticed that the charger light
rarely changes from red to green to indicate the second stage of charging.
It does seem like we have to run the generator alot...though my wife and
kids like to burn power.

Would charging be faster by using the 12v leads from the Honda generator
right to the batteries? Better for the batteries?

Glenn.
s/v Seawing
www.seawing.net

"Da Kine" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yep, that about covers it.

I had bank after bank of batteries fry on my with my balmar 3 stages.
When I repowered 3 years ago i put a new alt on it too and a cheap reg.
I have had nothing but good luck with my new bank of batteries since. I
won't go back.

Fair winds