posted to rec.boats.building,rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.boats.power
Roger Long

Default Clear corrugated suction hose (was) Bilge Pump Upgrade

"Peggie Hall" wrote

intake or sink drains...and yes, bilge pump hoses. Corrugated hoses
once were common on boats, but are no longer recommended for any
application, above or below waterline.

Peggie,

Are you talking about the kind of hose in this picture?

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Bilge.htm#Sump

It's almost perfectly smooth on the inside and quite a dense looking
plastic. The standard hose clamps seemed to make a good seal. My
pumps discharge above the waterline so there is no standing water in
the hose. I usually pump the bilge with the hand pump before the
level gets high enough for these pumps to run. It's the only 1 1/8"
stuff I could get at the time.

Do you think I should replace these hoses?

--

Roger Long