Peggie Hall

Default Lectra/San vs Purasan

Brian Lawrence wrote:

I will supply the chlorine cartridge with onboard fresh water and
flush with raw water. Will that resolve the problem with buildup?

No. And if you don't use the cartridge supplied with it, installed
according to directions, it won't be a legal Type I MSD any more either.
The CG is very picky about that. They certify devices based on what
the mfrs give 'em or specify for use with it. If an owner doesn't use
exactly what's supplied or specified, it's no long certified...'cuz
there's no test result proving that it still treats to legal standards.

In fact, if the only chlorine it gets is the amount used to purify your
onboard fresh water, it won't treat at all. Install, operate and
maintain it exactly according to directions, or don't install it at
all...'cuz unless it's installed, operated and maintained according to
directions, it won't work...and then you won't be happy 'cuz you'll have
odor problems or clogs or other problems. And then you'll come back here
and tell the next person who asks about the PuraSan that it's a piece of
junk.
--
Peggie