Larry

Default What is the ultimate navigation tool? Was - RDF (radio direction finding) ... do you ?

Maynard G. Krebbs wrote in
:

RDF might be fun to play around with out in the deep blue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't radio waves travel in great
circles? If so it might be fun working the great circles out in
conjunction with your RDF fixes.
Just a thought.
Mark E. Williams

RDF is great as long as there is NO DRIFT, water current or wind drift.

If you don't learn to take that into account and just follow the RDF to the
station, you end up in this big spiral to the target, the long way around!

GPS, of course, doesn't suffer these 1930's problems.