Thomas Wentworth

Default How Long ???

Dave ,,, here is an example of a problem that I haven't read about here...

Hypothetical story;

Buyer finds boat ,, boat is looking pretty good. Buyer and Seller come to
terms on price, subject to survey.

The survey turns up deck problems. Say, some of the deck core is rotten and
the deck will need repair. Then, refinish I suppose.

The Buyer decides to look around for a repair .. so that he/she can factor
in the repair cost and ask the Seller to work with him/her to get the repair
done and the deal done.

One problem.. the boatyards are so expensive that their repair will kill the
deal. What does the Buyer do now?

The Buyer can't go through with the deal even though he/she wants to buy the
boat. Does the Buyer approach the Seller and say "find a repair guy or the
deals's off" ? I suppose that would be the case.

I guess what I am asking is: What happens if the repair isn't that
complicated but there isn't any affordable repair people in the area?

===
"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 16:59:41 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
said:

Duh? I don't see the average boat owner walking out on a purchase because
the fire extinguisher isn't working just right ...

Skip the "Duh" crap, Thomas. It betrays your own limitations, not mine.

That was precisely my point. However, depending on what part of the
country
you live in you may find a lot of potential buyers who feel they have to
try
and haggle the last dime on the price. That kind of buyer tries to take
quite literally Wayne's "issues that you did not know about at the time of
your offer." The back of my hand to such a buyer.