Thomas Wentworth

Default How Long ???

Duh? I don't see the average boat owner walking out on a purchase because
the fire extinguisher isn't working just right ...

But,,, when the surveyor says "you know, it looks like your gonna need a
whole bunch of deck work don't on this boat, the deck core is full of
moisture" ..

Then,,, walk? No run.

Or, sit down and discuss. Let's face it,, the buyer wants to buy and the
seller wants to sell.....

--------------
"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:00:12 -0500, Wayne.B
said:

I disagree. If the survey and/or sea trial turns up issues that you
did not know about at the time of your offer, you are perfectly
entitled to renogotiate. Some sellers will stone wall on that. If
so, excercise your purchase contract option to reject the vessel and
notify both the seller and broker via fax and letter. You did include
that clause in your agreement, right?

The survey will virtually always turn up some issue you didn't know about
when you made your offer.

If I'm the seller, and it's a bunch of minor items that are within the
range
of what you'd expect, I'm gonna tell the buyer I have no problem with his
walking, but the agreed price isn't gonna change. Most buyers at that
point
want the boat more than they want to beat their chests about how they
hondled down the price.

If it's something significant, it's a different story. When we bought our
last boat, no water came out the exhaust when we did initial sea trials.
Had
to have an exhaust elbow replaced. This was something significant enough
that if the price hadn't been adjusted to cover it I'd have walked.