posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Scotty's mistake

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

I think that's completely stupid at this point.

Only if you want to become less competitive in the world marketplace.

Huh? This makes no sense.

If taxes and regulation are reduced, the US becomes more competitive in
the world marketplace for labor and products.

We're already competitive. The only people who will be helped by lowering
taxes will be rich people and large corporations.

Lowering taxes and decreasing regs at this point will serve no purpose
except ruining what's left of the environment and increasing the wealth
of the already obscenely wealthy.

There's plenty left of the environment. China is the world's largest
polluter.

Again, this makes no sense. Just because another country has a bad record
does not mean we can just igore the situation.

Ever read the Kyoto Treaty? China is exempt, yet pollutes the most. The
Kyoto Treaty increases regulation on US business, giving China a greater
economic advantage and incentive to pollute more.

What's your point? The Kyoto agreement was flawed.

Many valuable and effective programs have been cut, all in the name of
the war in Iraq.

A good number of the government programs are unconstitutional, perhaps
even the war in Iraq.

Who says? You?

I say so because I can read and understand the Constitution.

Fortunately, for the rest of us, yours is not the final word.

Do you think outlawing abortion at the Federal level is Constitutional?

Depends on the wording of the law I would imagine.

Congress only has the power to declare war. We are at war in Iraq. When
was it declared?

What does this have to do with lowering taxes?

Of course, that idiot and his buddies in the White House don't have a
clue.

I think they have a clue and are quite smart. They are doing a great job
of looking out for their best interests.

Not with poll number of 34%. Even their right wingnut buddies in Congress
are running for cover.

What has poll numbers to do with getting rich off of favors and funneled
government contracts? Have you checked Halliburton stock lately? Defense
contractor stocks? The poll numbers can be 0%, he's a lame duck anyway.

Again, you're not making much sense.