posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default Scotty's mistake

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Capt. JG
wrote:

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Capt. JG
wrote:

I think that's completely stupid at this point.

Lowering taxes and decreasing regs at this point will serve no purpose
except ruining what's left of the environment

How? why?

For example, fewer dollars for environmental cleanup, prevention, etc.

and increasing the wealth of
the already obscenely wealthy.

Riiiight. I hear this all the time from the local left wing whackos
too. They'd rather have high theoretical tax rates on the 1% of rich
people, all of whom employ accountants to get out of paying it, than
give up their politics of envy and stop attempting futile confiscatory
tax rates. All that ends up happening is the salaried middle class gets
hit with the high tax rates, not the rich - unless you define 'rich' as
anyone earning more than you do.

Huh? Are you saying that the middle and lower classes should be taxed at
higher rate then the richies?

You need to stop ranting against liberals and start thinking.

I'm saying that the middle & lower classes *are* taxed at a higher rate
than the richies. The tax scales might not show it, but the rich employ
accountants to reduce their taxable income in ways that the salaried
middle class simply can't manage.

That's reality. You need to look at the real world, not theory.

It's in the theory too. Read the tax code and apply your brain.

PDW