Bob

Default Nautical Charts

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:02:59 -0500, Larry said:

NOAA is not providing free charts. NOAA is providing its TAXPAYERS a
SERVICE for the money that has been extracted from them by force.

NO service provided to any taxpayer, in any country, should be fee-based.
The taxpayers have already paid through-the-nose for the service or data
and should not be charged twice for its delivery or use....

So, Larry, 'splain to me again why you and I and other yachtsmen deserve to
have those folks out in Arizona pay for our charts.

Hi Dave:

Uhh, for the same reason Oregon is forced to send electricity to AZ and
water and electricity to CA. And I think there is something about a
federal interstate hwy system too.

I think its called the United States and not simply the State of
America.

But I DO agree that the GPO and every other .gov agency should
distribute information freely with out fees. Although, some folks think
that is unfair competition for the poor business owners who want to
sell us electronic maps.

I apologize for the political stuff. Back to boats..........

For a real question. I don't have or use a chart plotter or computer
based charting. So please keep it simple for me.
If I download the NOAA e-charts can I also down load the weekly Notice
To Mariners and have the updates automatically placed on the NOAA
e-charts?
Bob