John H

Default Bu****es "Manipulate" News from Iraq

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:21:03 -0400, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

By Jim Krane
ASSOCIATED PRESS

One-third of the U.S. civilian workers in the press office have GOP
ties,

So two-thirds are neutral or Democrat. Is this supposed to make us smile,
or worry? Some 70% or more of the mainstream US print and broadcast media
have Democrat ties.

One of the main goals ... is to ensure Americans see the positive side of

the Bush
administration's invasion, occupation and reconstruction of Iraq,

And why not? Combat activities in any war will be more intense or less
intense from day to day or week to week, but there *are* positive things to
be reported, which get little or no mention in the routine coverage here at
home.

The office counts 21 Republicans - 11 of whom have worked inside the
Bush administration before their Iraq posting - among its 58 U.S.
civilian staffers

So what? This is not even worthy of mention unless someone is trying to
grasp at any reason to snipe at the WH. I don't have any figures, but I
wonder what the party affiliation breakdown was in the Clinton Press Office,
or the Carter Press Office. I'm betting it wasn't 65% "opposition". The
fact that two-thirds are NOT Republicans shows that the WH is taking great
pains to present a fair picture.

You, and others on the left, are really grasping lately. Getting nudgy?

The other two-thirds must be pure, 100% liberal, 'cause the good things sure
don't make it to the news. It's a shame the American taxpayers are paying so
much to hear only the liberal agenda, i.e. only the bad stuff.

Of course, I'm sure this pleases the likes of HK, et al.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!