posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Default Winch selection - difference in results from Harken, Lewmar and Andersen.

My friend has some on his Valiant. I wanted to take
a picture of one because they look so cool in bronze.
I particularly like the areas that are polished by the
rope.

I imagine, I'd probably polish them from time to time
if I owned such winches. I'd liken it to the polishing a
bronze cannon.

Only a real sailor and creally appreciate the look of
bronze. I particularly like them on classic looking
yachts.

"Maxprop" wrote

"Bart Senior" wrote

I also like bronze winches, which age in a manner that
in my opinion, improves their looks. Of these I'd say
Lewmar make a handsome bronze winch. In fact I
like the looks of Lewmar the best.

Thanks, Bart. We have bronze Lewmars on Clover. They do age nicely, with
a brown patina except where rope polishes the metal to a brassy color.

Max