Garland Gray II

Default Hi test anchor chain ??

I have bought from a supplier some anchor chain that supposedly is Acco hi
test G4.

Now I have to wonder, since I didn't see the drum it came from, how do I
know that it is indeed hi test, much less Acco ? I spoke w/ Acco, wondering
if I could send them a short length for inspection or even testing. I was
assured by Acco that if it had "G4" stamped on each link, which it does, it
was Acco chain. Hi test chain from other mfg would have a different marking.

Somehow that alone doesn't convince me. Years ago there were examples of
flagrant Tiawanese copies of US marine items. The "G4" stamp on my chain
looks somewhat erratic, which is what first troubled me.

I don't know how I can know for sure whether my chain is indeed hi test
(other than testing a sample).

Has anyone else had this doubt ?