R.W. Behan

Default Honda Vs Kipor, revisited

Hey, Skip,

I bought our 2000 from Mayberry's, and we live way the hell out here on the
West Coast. Best price anywhere on the 'Net, and as I recall they paid for
the shipping. Might be mistaken about that, but whatever the matrix of
reasons, I felt Mayberry's was the way to go.

You won't be disappointed with the genset. But read carefully about
charging batteries on your boat. You can do it directly, by hooking the
Honda 12v. output straight to the batteries, but you'll be FAR better off
running 120v. from the Honda to your boat's shore power input, and thence to
the battery charger instead. Much faster charging that way.

Cheers,

Dick Behan
M/V "Annie"
LNVT 37

"Skip Gundlach" skipgundlach at gmail dotcom wrote in message
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2870 is a great (ham radio enthusiast)
site with reviews by many owners of the Honda line.

For myself, while I don't much like the thought of spending 20-30% more
for what may be the same genset, and that difference could buy a lot of
dining out or other enjoyments, the dollar difference is nearly trivial in
boat costs.

Previously mentioned warranty potentials may have no weight here, as
nobody has any warranty issues, it seems, and nobody I've found has a
Kipor, so there's no means of testing their reliability.

So, it's a Honda for me, and now isn't too soon to figure out who's going
to sell it to me. Who's got the current best internet pricing? Mayberry
in NJ? Someone else? There's been some scuttlebutt to the effect that
they're hard to find these days due to hurricane disruptions, but I'd
think that would have settled down by now...

Thanks for any inputs...

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain