posted to rec.boats.electronics
Robert Miles

Default Nmea /dsc

Under main set-up there is an option to change the interface set-up.
Change it to NMEA out.. don't think there is an option for baud rate.
This will get it going no problems.

Regards

Bob Miles

"speckfisher" wrote in message

I have a new Icom M422 VHF and am trying to connect with a Garmin 182
GPS for the DSC function. I have contacted tech service both Icom and
Garmin and it seems to be properly connected and all of the settings
properly set. I only get a "NO POSITION" reading on my vhf when I go to
ck it . I left it on for about an hour to see if it need time to
initialize but still didn't work . Could it be that somehow they are
incompatible with each other ? How can I check that? Also is it
possible to check to see if the NMEA in/out are working on both sets?
Any help would be appreciated

--
speckfisher