posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

Default Nmea /dsc

"speckfisher" wrote in message

I have a new Icom M422 VHF and am trying to connect with a Garmin 182
GPS for the DSC function. I have contacted tech service both Icom and
Garmin and it seems to be properly connected and all of the settings
properly set. I only get a "NO POSITION" reading on my vhf when I go to
ck it . I left it on for about an hour to see if it need time to
initialize but still didn't work . Could it be that somehow they are
incompatible with each other ? How can I check that? Also is it
possible to check to see if the NMEA in/out are working on both sets?
Any help would be appreciated

Have you set the garmin to NMEA? Factory default is probably Garmin
protocol. Set it to NMEA and, if possible, select 4800 baud.

Meindert