posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Default Best Oscar Predictions

DSK wrote:
Dickens is an abysmal read, but his books seem to make good
movies... the opposite is more common, great books made into lousy
movies.

So true. The epitome of great books made into bad movies has to be
"Catch 22" One of my favorite books and one of the worst movies ever.

The movie tried to get the flow of the book, and IMHo ended up a
disjointed mess although it had it's moments. I like Alan Arkin & Bob
Newhart.

katysails wrote:

Gee, I lived for Dicken's books when I was in junior high...

You have better taste in Litterah-choor than I do. I thought most of
those Victorian novelists were dreary & long-winded. The plots were
great though.

How many movies have been made of 'Tom Sawyer'? Any good ones, or even
half-decent? I've seen at least eight or nine & they all sucked.

DSK

There was that one excellent rendition of _Huckleberry Finn_....and
the there was _Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court_ and all
the weird spin-offs (the Danny Kaye version)....I always thought the
Jack London books were tedious but I did like the movie versions...