posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

Default Best Oscar Predictions

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:18:05 -0500, DSK wrote:

katy wrote:
I didn't realize "Must Love Dogs" was on the list...that was a cute
movie, not what I would call Oscar material, though. "Weaterman" is on
our list to see. I've seen so many versions of "Oliver Twist" that I
guess I could stand one more.

Dickens is an abysmal read, but his books seem to make good
movies... the opposite is more common, great books made into
lousy movies.

So true. The epitome of great books made into bad movies has to be
"Catch 22" One of my favorite books and one of the worst movies ever.