MMC

Default ping Larry

Didn't get nailed by that one (did get sent to DC Central for a tube of
relative bearing grease), but first 'shellback initiation' I pulled a
rotation at the bullnose as look out for the IDL! Weather was nice so it was
better duty than monitoring the "flushing circulatory action indicator"!
I was working on a rubber duck one day when our new Chief (at EOD Mobile
Unit 2 boat shop) came walking in with a weight belt loaded with newly cast
dive weights. Very shiny and pretty.
I told him he would need to be careful that someone didn't steal them. He
asked why? Couldn't he see that we'd started casting weights in silver as it
was even less magnetic than lead?
I let him fret for a day or so before fessing up. He got me back by making
me baby sit reservists a couple of weekends later!
MMC
"Larry" wrote in message
"MMC" wrote in
:

Know what you mean, never seen an HT work on the hull! Bucket

of
steam, 20 feet of waterline..... I saw 5 cubic yards of

sailboat fuel
up for auction on EBAY, figured it must have been a (Navy)

sailor that
did that!

So, how many hours did you stand on that mail bouy watch the
first time?.....(c; Come on...be honest!

We used to send the new ETs down to Supply for a fallopian tube
for the radar, our "historic" AN/SPS-6. The guys in Supply knew
what he was after and cut him a 3' section of latex surgical
hose, making him sign all the normal Supply forms for the tube.

Some of them got suspicious somewhere between Supply down about 5
decks aft and the ET shop amidships on the main deck. Others
never caught on until the guys in the shop were rolling around
laughing and holding their stomachs...(c; All in good fun, of
course.

The bad thing was, after having been played such an elaborate
trick on, they were always suspicious of any orders given them
they didn't fully understand...(c;...afraid of another
trick....like standing the mail bouy watch on the bow.