Da Kine

Default RDF (radio direction finding) ... do you ?

You have not sailed much then. Where I come from, water can be 2 feet
deep and there hasn't been land in sight for a long long time. Sail the
Caribbean, Maldives, South Pacific, or any of many other areas where
reef and rock is just waiting to bite you in your butt.

I also never said to try to dead recon anywhere. I said you sure as
hell better know how if you need to!

Navigation is using all means to know where you are at all times. I use
a gps and I double check my position with what ever is available, then
I check it on my chart to be sure everything agrees and I log it with
the current weather conditions and I do it every half hour when my
timer goes off. If you use one thing and trust it, how smart are you?

You want to turn some sort of table with your side handed comments but
you really should be open to a little learning. You're not the only
one you could kill. Arrogance is not praiseworthy. What have you got
against learning something or at least letting someone else learn it.

If you don't understand it, it doesn't make it worthless.