Wayne.B

Default Through hull bedding

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:09:24 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I could also
put some wax on the fitting, set it in epoxy paste, remove and clean
it, and then do final installation to achieve a thinner gasket of
bedding compound.

That's the approach I'd be inclined to take but there are some
caveats. It is important not to get epoxy on the threads of the
transducer because that will be difficult to remove, even with wax or
mold release. A layer of masking tape over the threads might do the
trick.

The second issue that I see is picking the right time to remove the
transducer before the epoxy is totally cured. Too soon and the epoxy
will sag, too late and you might not be able to remove the transducer.