Calif Bill

Default CARB & FUEL SYSTEM CLEANERS

Put some Techron additive in the tank. Is what GM dealers use to keep
injectors clean.
Bill

"Coff" wrote in message
om...
I just cleaned the flame arrester on my 5.7L I/O. The carb hasn't
been touched since 1999 and I'm wondering about varnish or any kind of
build up. I use the best possible gas I can locate and have a
separate Racor gas/water filter mounted in the bilge. I religiously
treat the 105 gallons in the tank every fall before I put it away.

I read about additives to the fuel system to clean varnish, carbon,
and other crap out of the fuel system. I know they have the type you
spray down the carb, which I am paranoid about using. Are they legit
and how does one use it with an I/O configuration?

Is there an fuel additive that will effectively clean the carb & fuel
system, help w/ carbon build-up, etc?

Thanks for any advise you can offer.

Coff

Damn, life is good!