Bert Robbins

Default Ayatollah Monaghan sets up shop near Naples, Florida

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news
Calif Bill wrote:
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 03:59:41 GMT in rec.boats, Calif Bill penned the
following thoughts:
It is the choice of people buying there. Not like an Ayatollah saying
everybody that is already here gets a new rulebook.

That was my take, at first reading. However, upon closer examination,
they apparently intend to effectively secede from the state and US and
re-write laws to their liking. I'm also troubled by the specter of
deed restrictions (beyond commercial land), which will surely limit
the freedom of use one might expect from land ownership. When this
endeavor fails, and it surely will, it will likely have an adverse
impact on FL county and state residents for many years to come.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/ Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

They get what they pay for. As to the state, they will get the property
taxes. Can not secede, and there are already lots of religious owned
properties with deed restrictions in the US. Martin Luther Towers in San
Francisco has been there at least 40+ years and is a Lutheran Church
owned building. You buy a condo unit, and I think it reverts to the
church on your death.

I suspect there will be some interesting legal challenges. It is one thing
for a church to own investment property, and quite another for it to
enforce a "code of morality" in a large community that derives anybenevit
from the state. We're not talkinb about homeowner covenants that say you
can't paint your front door bright orange.

Yes, we are talking covenants. The land owner is placing covenants on the
use of the property. What is the difference between this and Columbia, MD,
Reston, VA or Montgomery Village, MD?

Seems to me some crazed vigilante-superpatriot-jesusfreak group tried to
do this in some town in the upper midwest and it didn't turn out well.

Heck, there are nation states that have done this and a couple of examples
are Isreal and Iran. What's the difference between the two?