NOYB

Default Ayatollah Monaghan sets up shop near Naples, Florida

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
New Florida town would restrict abortion
Domino's founder building community around Catholic university

NAPLES, Florida (AP) -- If Domino's Pizza founder Thomas S. Monaghan has
his way, a new town being built in Florida will be governed according to
strict Roman Catholic principles, with no place to get an abortion,
pornography or birth control.

He's not trying to convert anybody living there. He's taking empty
tomato fields, building a university, and building a town...and telling
everybody who buys there the rules in advance.

Just consider it a big Home Owner's Association.

And you're about 3 days late on this "news".

Well, I hope it turns out as badly as his crappy pizza.

Property in that town is actually going to be very much in demand. You used
to be able to buy property out there for $5-10k per acre. Now it's
$150k+...and you're in the middle of nowhere.

Jeb just attended a ribbon cutting ceremony there two weeks ago.

Right now, students at Ave Maria attend classes at a temporary campus in
Naples set up about 5 or 6 miles from me. We use several of the students as
babysitters...and almost every one of them is part of a family with 10-12
siblings. I doubt the "no condom" and "no abortion" rules would scare any
of those families away.