posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska

Default Objective of NMEA

In article ,
"Lynn Coffelt" wrote:

Looking at the website, I notice they have whole new designed radomes to
replace our crappy 2D domes that rain inside and rot the potmetal guts.
Hope the new one is sealed up.

"Sealed up" being a theoretical state in the marine environment, of
course. Do the Raytheon open array antennas still have drain tubes to sling
water "in case" there should be any "condensation"? Hmmmmm?
Got about 12 liters of water out of an 8 foot Krupp Atlas one time. The
beautiful, almost new, 64 mile radar would only get echos from about half a
mile.
A good "TR down" installation had one or more mica "dams" in the
waveguide to keep from having wet feet in the pilot house (or the "void").
Old Chief Lynn

After that Krupp had run for a couple of weeks, all that water would
have been excited to steam and gone, if the Maggie lasted that long......

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @